Top 5 Things to know about Digital Currency and Block Chain Technology
- As a borderless technology, regulation is complicated, and it is difficult to balance consumer protection while encouraging innovation.
- We reached a tipping point in 2014/2015 when the focus shifted from a currency centric perspective to broader block chain technology perspective.
- Markets are moving faster than regulation.
- Intelligence is slowly being built into how financial transactions are accomplished.
- Looking at Bitcoin in a bubble was the quintessential Kumbaya moment, BUT in reality there will always be work for lawyers.